Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hodgepodge Wednesday Volume 224

Changing Things Up 

For those who only catch my blog on  Hodgepodge Wednesdays, I changed my blog title and header late last week from My Journal Reflections to The Brown Bungalow. There is more about that at the end of this blog post.*



Today I am participating in the Hodgepodge Wednesday  Volume 224. How Joyce can fit in the time to come up with all these questions while she's moving from one state to another, I surely do not know! 

Read my answers to her questions and then click on the link at the end to see how other bloggers responded. 

1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not, do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns.  

Elephant Rock in Monument, Colorado


When you live in Colorado, the Great Outdoors calls to you every day! We often take a drive on Sunday afternoons. This past Sunday we found Elephant Rock. Can you see the trunk and the eye of the elephant?


2. What's a current hot button issue for you? 

Politics, and I'll leave it at that.

3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house?

Fresh cherries!

4. How hot is too hot?

When the outdoor temperature gets to 87 degrees, we turn on the air conditioning (unless there is  a nice breeze).

5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you?

I try to be artsy.

In my younger days I did some crazy stuff. In our first house I used Modge Podge to adhere nursery story pictures to our baby son's wall. My husband was decidedly NOT happy with that.

I have stenciled ivy vines above the baseboard of staircases and around door frames.  I loved that.

Six years ago when I fell off the kitchen counter and shattered my shoulder while decorating above the kitchen cabinets, well, let's just say that I took that as a cue from the Lord that I needed to cut back on my home decorating ideas. I'm not as adventurous anymore.

6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father?

What is it really like to be in the physical presence of Jesus Christ? (my daddy died in 1986)

7. Something you learned from your father?

My father was a very good man and I learned many, many things from him; but right now I am thinking about how he impressed upon me the importance of memorizing the multiplication tables when I was in the third grade.  (I didn't want to apply myself. I won't go into detail except to say the matter escalated to weeping and gnashing of teeth on my part.)

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Elizabeth Elliot passed away earlier this week at the age of 88 after suffering for about ten years with severe dementia. While I was saddened to read of her death, I know she is with the Lord in a wonderful place. Like so many other women, I was greatly influenced spiritually by Mrs. Elliot. She has left a fine example for us all. To read more about her, click here: http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2015/june/died-elisabeth-elliot-missionary-author-gates-of-splendor.html




To see how other bloggers have responded to these same questions, click on this link: From This Side of the Pond

* Click here for the explanation as to why I changed my blog title and header to The Brown Bungalow.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd say living in Co. definitely calls you to the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great people of faith who've gone on before us. Part of that 'great cloud of witnesses' and communion of saints.

    Colorado is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, there's a lot of flat space (the bread basket of America) between us and them, so we don't go often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog title and background! I also enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers. What a wonderful woman of faith and friend you had in Ms. Elliott. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete