Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Pink Hodgepodge

Petunia flower box in Historic Castle Rock

1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something in pink?

me 'n Denise
Pink clothes. Recently I was noticing that there are lot of pink tops and jewelry in my closet.  In the spring/summer months, I wear it often. Pink is cheerful!

2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least? 

My favorite thing about gym class was when it was over and I could go on to my next class. The worst part was when they took roll to see if everybody took a shower. C'mon!!!

3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?

Gregor's roses

Weddings and funerals. Roses are perfect for any occasion.

4. Do you prefer to read or write?

Writing is my preference because I always have SOMETHING to say!

5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?

Hmmm. This is a tough one for me to address because I don't tend to be lazy. (just sayin'!) I like the feeling of accomplishment and often I try to do the hardest thing first so I can get it out of the way for more fun activities. 

As for Sam Keen's quote, if I were in the deep South where it's hot and humid, then yes, I would move slower, if at all. Blessedly, I live in a part of the country where the altitude is high, the air is dry and generally cooler, so it's easier to feel invigorated.

6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?

Funny you should ask that ....  Of the 3 options, I will be enjoying one of them this summer, surrounded by all of my children and grandchildren!

7. What question do you hate to answer?

"Penny for your thoughts." 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

One of my favorite quotes is by Charles Dickens:


While there is always much about which to complain, gratitude is in short supply. It saddens me when people choose to overlook the abundant blessings God has given them and gripe about every little thing that comes to mind.

* * * * *
Today I am linking with other bloggers over at Joyce's blog, 



5 comments:

  1. Visting from the link-up! I laughed at your answer about gym class! Exactly how I felt. You look great in pink, by the way! It suits you

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully we didn't have to shower after gym class. I don't know how they would fit that in to a 40 minute period. As much as I hated getting sweaty and then having to change and go to classes the rest of the day I think I would have hated having to shower with no privacy even more.
    Great quote and reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate the showers too. Lovely thought for #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in pink! Great quote. I think if people would journal what they are grateful for it will get them to be more focused on finding the positive instead of the negative. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look good in pink. I always get compliments when I wear it, but don't have too much of it in my closet. It was another fun Hodgepodge and your #8 is perfect.

    ReplyDelete