Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hodgepodge Questions Volume 220

flowers in Golden, Colorado

Here are the Hodgepodge Wednesday questions for this week. I'm linking up with Joyce (our hostess) and many other bloggers to answer the following queries.  

1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for?


With my baby quilt goals all achieved to date, the only real "deadline" I'm facing right now is to get my house cleaned for the visit of a very dear girlfriend who is coming from Nevada for a couple of nights this next weekend.


Diana and I had fun making quilts together in 2012,  before she moved far away!

2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? 


Beloved does all of our outside grilling and I like it that way. I wish all of our cooking could be done outside so the kitchen would stay cleaner! 


3. What's one thing on your "never again" list?


I'll never ride a roller coaster again. Besides terrifying the beejeemies out of me, by the time I reached adulthood I came to the realization that I was a victim of motion sickness. Although I allowed myself to be talked into riding them with my kids and husband for several more years, my last roller coaster ride was at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia in about 1985. 



4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?




So many people my own age, and just the American population in general -- are not taking care of their personal appearance. Hair and clothing continue to have that 90s "grunge look" that looks sloppy and unkept. When you get to my age, it's no time to give up on personal appearance. We need all the help we can get!


Something I love about people in my generation: we tend to be better about responding to each other, reciprocating. The older generations tend to be more courteous. We value friendships more because there are fewer of us around!



5. Lilic, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?



I love them all, but Lilacs get my top vote since they are just about the only flowering bush that can withstand a Colorado snow storm in the spring. 



The snow storm on our deck just this past Saturday night, May 9th.
Those "diamonds" on the glass window are ice crystals.
We've got a couple of baby Lilac bushes buried in the snow
beyond the deck rail.

6. What's a song that always calms you down?



Be at Rest, by Steve Green. Click on the link below the album cover to hear it on youtube.



7. What's the last thing you donated?


Although we moved to this house barely two years ago, I am still cleaning out stuff that we just really don't need to keep any longer. My last trip to the donation place included clothing, books, and picture frames, among other things.

8. Insert your own random thought here:


paved walking path beside Plum Creek in Castle Rock

Blessed is the man that walketh 
not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners, 
But his delight is in the law of the LORD;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, 
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3
--------------------------------------
To see how other bloggers have answered these same questions, click here:  From This Side of the Pond


5 comments:

  1. I love your choice of Scripture. I'm not appreciating the photo of the snow. Lol It just seems wrong to have snow in May, doesn't it. A couple years ago we had a blizzard on May 5th. It was so discouraging. Hope you're due for warm and sunny soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of Hodgepodgers this morning who will never ride a roller coaster again. I have to agree with your comment about wishing that all cooking could be done outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard the song by Steve Green but did find comfort in listening to it. Thanks so much for sharing it. And, that scripture is one of my favorites as well. Oh that snow in May! We have had tornadoes in the south and torrential rains. Something is up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracious, cannot believe you had snow last weekend. As Libby just stated, we've had tornadoes and torrential rain.

    I so agree about personal appearance. Society has become so sloppy. Pitiful!

    Never heard that song by Steve Green and he's one of my favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr snow storm in May, not good. Quite a few people quoted roller coasters. I wouldn't do that again either.

    ReplyDelete