Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

He's Here!

Apple Nachos served on the new baby's quilt
Once again, happy times call for a special dessert! My readers may remember that on February 9th we celebrated the birth of our 10th grandchild with a special dessert served atop the quilt I made for her. If you missed that fun blog post, then you need to click here.

Today we are celebrating the very early morning birth of our 11th grandchild, a boy and we are partying here on my blog with another special dessert served on top of the quilt I made for him!

Like  his many siblings, he has been given a name from the Bible  made up of two Old Testament, positive role models. Due to reasons of privacy, I am not sharing his adorable!!! photo or his actual name. Just trust me on this, he is carrying on the tradition of very cute babies born to my family.

Grandchild Number 11 has tipped the gender count in his family so there are now 5 sons and 4 daughters. He is a little guy, at 6 pounds 2 ounces and only 18.5 inches long, but when a fella is born at 37 weeks, that's to be expected. We know he will catch up in due time and be an important addition to one of the family's favorite sports of kickball in the back yard.

We haven't had opportunity to talk to his mother yet, but his dad has sent me a text or two and all appears to be well with everyone. For all of these blessings we sincerely thank our Lord!

I am not showing my readers a full screen photo of the quilt yet since we won't be giving it to the little guy until we get to see him in person, but I will tell you that the design is a free baby quilt pattern called "Childrens Delight." I think I got it from the Martingale website (a publisher of quilt books and patterns) but I'm not entirely sure. At any rate, the finished size is about 33 inches x 45 inches and it came together very fast with only 5 fabrics and no curves or triangles.

This is the second project that I have had professionally finished on a long arm quilting machine at Holly's Quilt Cabin.  I recommend them for their quality work and reasonable prices (plus their shop is a lot of fun to visit!). 


http://www.quiltcabin.com

Well, so much for the baby and the quilt. Let's eat!


Apple Nachos
I am 99.9 percent sure that Surfer Girl shared this recipe with me and she got it from a blog called Trial and Eater. As the author of that blog states (and she got the recipe from Pinterest), this recipe has endless possibilities, so it's a good one to have in your collection.  


Beloved and I enjoyed it the first time while watching a movie on a Friday night, a time when we usually have something fun for a snack when the plot thickens. (gluten- and dairy-free, of course!)



Today, for the photo shoot with the quilt, I made this treat for our lunch. Beloved had a sandwich and I had a small but nutrient-dense green salad. Then we shared this plate of the nachos and it was delicious. 



Go check your pantry, you probably have all the ingredients without having to run out to the store: 1 apple, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.  I used melted Almond butter, and you can find dairy-free chocolate chips at a health-food store, making this not only gluten-free but also dairy-free as well! 


To see the recipe on the Trial and Eater website, click here.


Celebrate with us!




3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure my comment went through?

    Congratulations on your new grandson! Your family is truly blessed.

    I like apple slices with PB-- will add Chocolate chips next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, his Momma will have plenty of help with him, a total of 20 sets of hands. Goodness, that's a houseful! Glad all is well!

    And, the quilt is so colorful and pretty and what a treasure to your Grandchildren. And, the dessert looks so yummy!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, my friend! Glad the new little one is here & doing well. Hopefully Mom is, as well. Your treat looks great! I thought it was blueberries until I got a larger picture, here on your blog. :) I also thought it was caramel drizzled. Ha! Will be looking forward to seeing a picture of the quilt. You always do an excellent job! Hugz, Suzan

    ReplyDelete