This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge falls on Tax Day, so our clever hostess has given us taxing questions! To see how other bloggers have answered these same questions, click on the link for Joyce's blog at From This Side of the Pond.
1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?
Learning a new application on my computer.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
About 4 1/2 years ago we took a taxi from Boston’s Logan International Airport to our downtown hotel where we met up with our tour bus people for a week-long “leaf peeping tour” (that’s what they called it). Here are some glimpses from Beloved's camera of what we saw that week:
|Jackson, New Hampshire in October 2010|
|Portland Head Lighthouse, Maine in October 2010|
|Kennebunkport, Maine in October 2010|
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?
This year I can say I have 10 grandchildren and one more due to be born in less than two weeks!
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? About once a week I serve chicken to my husband. I eat completely vegan at home. Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...? I eat vegan for health reasons but if that were not necessary, I would take triple portions of Chick-fil-A!!!
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
It’s really hard to narrow it down to one. I guess my very favorite was Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights with the Lennon Sisters. (loved their harmony!!)
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?
Uh… I rearranged the flowers in a vase on my dining table yesterday. Does that count?
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
Face Book can be a mystery at times.
8. Insert your own random thought here.