Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Life-Blessing Verses


a rose near our mailbox, several years ago

In trying to decide what to write for my birthday weekend, many topics vied for my attention, yesterday's post being a case in point. (smile)

What I finally settled upon is to share with my readers the scripture verses that most often come to my mind when my Bible is not in front of me.  They are verses tucked into memory over the years, many of them when I was a young girl, and kept fresh with meditation since then. I don't always remember the "address" (where it is found in the Bible) but I do know these words and they comfort me like nothing else.  

Many times the words to these verses say exactly what is in my heart, and often they are exactly what needs to be said in prayer when my heart is broken with disappointment, worry, fear, or my own sin. Praying God's Word back to Him is very powerful.

You will probably recognize these scriptures. Perhaps they have given you much-needed comfort over the years. I share them in the King James Version because that is how I learned them.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world 
that He gave His only begotten Son
that whosoever believeth in Him
should not perish but have
everlasting life.

Psalm 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man 
cleanse his way?
by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 19:4
Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength,
and my redeemer.

Nehemiah 8:10
... the joy of the Lord
is your strength.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me,
and I will answer thee,
and show thee great and
mighty things, 
which thou knowest not.

Matthew 6:34
... Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not
in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted 
by the rivers of water, 
that bringeth forth is fruit
in his season; 
his leaf also shall not wither'
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

II Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro
throughout the whole earth,
to shew himself strong in the behalf 
of them whose heart is 
perfect toward him.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; 
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through 
the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: 
for thou are with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me 
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy 
shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house 
of the Lord forever.

III John 4
I have no greater joy than to hear
that my children walk in truth.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not unto your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
and He will direct your paths.








1 comment:

  1. Excellent verses! Thank you for posted them. I also want to wish you a happy birthday! I've been away for the weekend and am trying to catch up today!

    ReplyDelete