Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hodgepodge for March 11 - Volume 212


I'm linking up today with Joyce and all the bloggers who participate in Wednesday’s Hodgepodge

Today's questions have to do with spring, sweet things, tourist spots, and notable quotes by women. 

1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

“More snow” probably best describes Colorado when describing spring. Today the weather is gloriously beautiful with a current temperature of 54 degrees in my town and we may reach 70 by week’s end, but March is notoriously known as our “snowiest month” so I keep the boots and sweaters handy.  As for what image comes to mind when I think of spring, that would be Easter.

2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?

Sister and I had a Slinky that we enjoyed as little girls. We played with on a wooden staircase in our house. As for what spring-thing might need replacing in my home, we’re okay in that department (as far as I know!).

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

“The only good thing about January is that it comes to an end.” That, from my friend Denise. Thankfully this year January was kind to both my friend and me, but some years ago she said this and it helped me have a sense of humor when that was needed.

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

How to reply to this question! While I don't have all the answers, I don't have any big questions right now.


5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I enjoy sweet things just as much as the next person, but since I began eating gluten- and dairy-free and mostly raw vegan over a year ago, my sweet tooth  has learned to appreciate “savory” a little more.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

I guess I’d like more work I enjoy doing. I don’t like to be at loose ends between tasks.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

Yes, I’ve been to Texas and about 11 years ago I spent many weeks there assisting some of my family during a health crisis. I love going to the San Antonio River Walk and would love to try out several of their restaurants as well as to ride the boats in the canal.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My husband's employer sent us a letter regarding our health and life benefits and confirmation of coverage.  As if turning 65 isn't painful enough, they informed us that my life insurance coverage is increasing nearly $12 every month as a result of this milestone birthday. I guess they figure my time is short so they'd better milk all the money out of us while they can!




2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how the cost of life insurance goes up almost every birthday, after "a certain age".

    This was another fun Hodgepodge! I always enjoy seeing how we are all similar with so many of our answers, yet so different with others. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health insurance is something else....you have to have it...and if you think you don't....don't have it and get sick.

    ReplyDelete