Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Waiting

my grandson

"Ahhh... Those peaceful Saturday mornings as an only child... "    #change is coming


This picture and comment are from Surfer Girl (my daughter) as she and Surfer Boy await the birth of their baby just any day now. Grandson knows a baby sister is on the way but as a seven-year old, he truly has no idea how much his life is going to change.  It's interesting to observe how he is spending what may be his last weekend as an only child.

In the meantime, we all wait for labor to begin...

I am thinking about waiting and how most of us don't like it. 

There's waiting for the repairman to come to the house.... waiting for the cookies to bake... waiting for a doctor's report... waiting to be allowed to wear eye liner.... waiting for spring's warm sunshine.... waiting for Christmas....waiting for that young man to pop the question....

Perhaps the most frustrating part about waiting is that we often cannot speed up the process.  Or if we do, we eventually realize we should have left well enough alone.

I think it's easier to wait as I get older.  Maybe that is because at this age I have seen some of the benefits of waiting.  Impulsiveness has got me into trouble many times.

Using BibleGateway.com, I did a word search on "wait."  Here are some of the verses that ministered to me as our family waits for Granddaughter to be born.  Maybe these words will calm  your spirit as well for whatever you are facing today.

I have waited for thy salvation,
O Lord.
Genesis 49:18


Wait on the Lord:
be of good courage, 
and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:4


Lead me in thy truth,
and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:5


Let integrity and uprightness 
preserve me;
for I wait on thee.
Psalm 25:21

Wait on the Lord:
be of good courage, 
and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14


Our soul waiteth for the Lord:
he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33:20


And now, Lord, what wait I for?
my hope is in thee.
Psalm 39:7


I waited patiently for the Lord;
and he inclined unto me, 
and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1


I will praise thee for ever,
because thou hast done it:
and I will wait on thy name;
for it is good before thy saints.
Psalm 52:9


There are so many more verses I could share on the topic of waiting, but perhaps this one is the most dear to many of us:

But they that wait upon the Lord 
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31



No comments:

Post a Comment