Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

She's Here!

Fresh Citrus Tart with Lemon Cream
Happy times call for a special dessert! Today we are celebrating the birth of our 5th granddaughter, who is also our 10th grandchild. 

Her name is Verona and after a short labor she arrived weighing 7 pounds 1 oz, and 19 1/2 inches long.  Mother and baby are doing well. It was a planned home birth with a midwife. Big brother had gone to bed and the labor began while he was asleep. When he woke up this morning, he had a baby sister!!

We are thanking the Lord for this delightful gift from His hands to our family. 

To commemorate this wonderful time in our family and to honor our daughter who has been on a raw vegan diet for about 2  1/2 years, I am sharing with my readers a picture of a delightful raw vegan dessert. When I made it a couple of weeks ago, I served it on my mother-in-law's china. The backdrop is the quilt I made for the baby using colors from the nursery. (fabric from JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts)

Due to copyright law, I cannot share the recipe with you.  But I will direct you to my source.  It is called,

Fresh Citrus Tart with Lemon Cream
page 156-157
Rawsome Vegan Baking
by Emily von Euw
Page Street Publishing, Salem, MA
Published 2014

The author's website is ThisRawsomeVeganLife.com where you can find many other delightful raw vegan desserts similar to this one.

book cover
My husband and I enjoyed this Lemon Cream Tart very much, although the crust was hard to cut with a fork. We found it easier to enjoy when we just picked it up with our fingers to eat. 

I made the tart using a 6-inch springform pan.  The flavor is rich so the servings are small but go well with coffee or hot tea.


Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family on the joyous news if Verona's birth!

    This looks like a delicious dessert! I tried a vegan diet for awhile once, and felt good on it, but sadly gave it up when we took an extended vacation and it was hard to maintain. I will enjoy looking at this vegan Web site..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family on the joyous news if Verona's birth!

    This looks like a delicious dessert! I tried a vegan diet for awhile once, and felt good on it, but sadly gave it up when we took an extended vacation and it was hard to maintain. I will enjoy looking at this vegan Web site..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing!! Congratulations! I'm so happy mother and baby are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby! I am loving the name of Verona! Soo pretty! Such a blessing and a gift!

    ReplyDelete