Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hodgepodge - Volume 207

brew a cup of tea and read the Hodgepodge

Joyce has given us questions this week having to do with emotions, relationships, the color pink, and foolishness! On Wednesday I will be linking up with other bloggers who are following this meme at From This Side of the Pond.

1. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your emotions tucked in tight?

I don't seem to be able to hide my feelings very well and I cry rather easily so I have to say  that I wear my heart on my sleeve. I wish I could conceal my feelings better.

2. How did you meet your closest friend?

With few exceptions, I have always met those closest to me at my church or in para church groups.  If you are an old Southern Baptist like me, then you will remember "Training Union." A boy I was dating at the time introduced me to Beloved in Sunday night Training Union, and 3 months later we began dating. We married about 27 months after that and it's been absolutely one of the best decisions of my life!

getting ready to toss the bride's garter just before running to the get-a-way car

3.  Pink lemonade, grilled salmon, cotton candy, pink grapefruit, a strawberry milkshake, or raspberry sorbet...of the pink foods listed, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Which one have you most recently consumed?

Yesterday morning I had a pink grapefruit in my green smoothie. Of the pink foods listed, my favorite is grilled salmon (preferably from Texas Roadhouse). Cotton candy is my least favorite because it's a sticky mess, bad for the teeth, and falls far short of my  nutritional standards. (am I a spoil sport or what?!!!)

4. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.

We were most definitely tickled pink last summer when Surfer Girl told us she and Surfer Boy were expecting a baby.  Then that thrill returned a few months later when they told us the baby is a girl! We are on “Baby Watch” now. Her due date is February 14th.

5. Are you a fan of television talk shows? Daytime, nighttime, or both? What's your favorite?

No, I am not a fan of TV talk shows. Although I watch FOX News for an hour most mornings and evenings, I don’t like it when several of the people speak at the same time. TV talk shows often focus on outrageous things that should not be discussed at all or at the very least, in the most private of conversations. Our nation's sense of decency is  drowning in an ocean of vulgarity and obscenity.

6. When was the last time you wanted to ask a question, but felt too foolish to do so?

Probably the last time I wanted to ask a question but felt too foolish intimidated to do so was in a church business meeting. However with that said, I have been known to gather my courage and ask anyway.  Sometimes I lean over to Beloved and ask him to do it for me.

7. My favorite radio station right now is Denver’s [Christian] KPOF at 910 on the am dial because they play “Music for Dining” during the dinner hour.  It is instrumental (piano is my favorite) and melodic. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here:

aside from the cold, the inconvenience and the shoveling, isn't this beautiful?!!


When my sister and I were very young, our family spent two years living near Niagara Falls, New York where they had only 2 seasons in the year, the 4th of July and Winter. 

Then our father got a job transfer to Southern California, which is where we lived for most of our growing up years. While we loved our occasional visits to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and (more often) to the beach, we missed the snow.  

We both got the desire of hearts as older teenagers and into adulthood when the circumstances of life moved us to New Jersey, Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois, South Dakota, Washington State , and Virginia -- all places where a snow shovel is necessary. This picture was taken by Sister at her house, and I expect to see snowfall out my window as well!


5 comments:

  1. Well, I grew up in Ohio, but have been in Florida almost 26 years. I have no desire to ever see snow in person, ever again.

    Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge!! Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know you lived in Southern California for a time. I was born and raised there. I worked at Knott's Berry Farm for two years. Probably the best job I ever had. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a baby girl on Valentine's Day would be awfully special. Course a baby girl any day is pretty special. I remember Training Union : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Leah Dobbins is the Anonymous person posting about CA. I am new at this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness...what a wonderful due date for a baby girl! Hope both labor and delivery go well! I do agree what you wrote about the status of our country. I think the reason I get drawn in by shows like "Dr. Phil" is because I often can't believe how folks live their lives.

    ReplyDelete