|Hearts hanging from our breakfast room chandelier|
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
Sense and Sensibility.
How many times have I seen it? How many times has Beloved been good enough to watch it with me?
Why is it that every time it rains in the British Isles during the Victorian Era, somebody has to go out in it without proper rain gear and they nearly die of pneumonia?
I have to smile at their idea of a cottage -- looks like a mansion to me!
And how do the men get work of any value done when they wear tight breeches and ruffles clear up to their chins?
At least there tended to be a strong sense of decorum and manners -- both most assuredly in short supply in 2015.
As for how Sense and Sensibility ends -- the right men propose to the right ladies under the best of circumstances and the closing double wedding scene is beautiful!
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
Hymns played on the piano. This sounds simple, but I love it because not only do piano hymns cause my heart to sing but they also bring tears of relief to my eyes. Traditional church music is getting harder to find.
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
This happens to me, from time to time, but it's not something I want to share with my public. (wink!)
5. Tuna fish salad - yay or belch? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
"Back in the day," I enjoyed an occasional tuna sandwich and tuna casserole (as long as the cook was generous with the salty crushed potato chips on top). But now my meat is limited mostly to salmon about once a week, some occasional chicken or turkey and a lot of vegan foods (with a heavy emphasis on raw, dark, leafy greens). As a result I am surprisingly more healthy, energetic, and resistant to most germs that try to bring me down.
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
The Pledge of Allegiance, some Bible verses, the birth dates of all of my blood relatives, the words to a lot of songs... need I go on?
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? that someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie ... anyone at all whom you love.
8. Insert your own random thought here: