Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Waking Up to a Wintery Day

Today I'm  coming out of the kitchen and sewing room to scribble my thoughts.... My Journal Reflections.


the streets in front of my house on a cold January morning

We woke up this morning to a dark, cold, foggy morning with snow on the ground and ice on the roads. 

Our football team lost their playoff game yesterday, so they won't be going to the Super Bowl. This is a strong disappointment for the ardent fans. I am sorry for them and the team but I'm also just as glad that it's all over for this season. 

My confidence in Quarterbck has not been so strong since our Super Bowl loss last year to Seattle. I was surprised at how rattled Quarterback appeared to be from the very first play of the game and it went downhill from there.  And this year (this season), even though the team played well enough to get into the playoffs, in the losing games it still seemed that Quarterback got lost in his focus.  

I think about that. I don't know what goes on in Quarterback's mind but I do know that what we are thinking greatly affects our performance -- at anything.

Proverbs 4:23 tells us, Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Proverbs 23:7, For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

We need to connect with God our Creator through His Son, Jesus Christ.  We were made for the Lord's pleasure and when we stay in a right relationship with Him, purpose and meaning make up our life. 

John 15:4, Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Abiding in Christ doesn't mean we will achieve all the successes we want, but it does mean our lives will be what He intended for us.  He wants us to be fulfilled, even on the dark foggy days of winter.

John 10:10, The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Post Script: If it's cold in your town today, click on this link at my other blog to see the hot soup Beloved and I are having for lunch:

Cajun-Spiced Vegetable Soup





1 comment:

  1. Yum to that soup!! Sure does look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete