|From This Side of the Pond|
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Munching a Lara Bar This Wednesday
1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I don’t watch American Idol although I have seen portions of it over the years. If I were to audition for the show I’d sing a hymn, “O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing [my great Redeemer's praise]" ... a song the world needs to hear!
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."
So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?
I feel like I have to eat frogs often. The older I get, the more I realize that much of what we say or commit ourselves to is shortly thereafter challenged. Sometimes I handle it well and sometimes I don’t. I'm definitely a work in progress.
3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
True granola bars, although tasty and satisfying, are so chewy that they tend to give me a TMJ flare-up, so I avoid them (unless I can SOAK them in hot tea to soften them). However, I love Lara Bars and they don’t hurt my jaws.
5. If only__________________________________________.
If only people would wake up and realize what is really going on in our world.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
An eye-catching makeover as attractive and clever as what my daughter has done in her master bedroom:
7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
I love my winter clothes: snuggy knee socks, warm shoes, sweaters and scarves.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sending our Secretary of State to France to give them "a big hug," accompanied by James Taylor singing "You've Got a Friend"... our nation looks foolish to the world.
This set of Hodgepodge Wednesday questions - Volume 205 -- came from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. To see how other bloggers have responded to these same questions, click here: