Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Munching a Lara Bar This Wednesday


1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?


I don’t watch American Idol although I have seen portions of it over the years. If I were to audition for the show I’d sing a hymn, “O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing [my great Redeemer's praise]" ... a song the world needs to hear!

2.  Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." 

So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out? 

I feel like I have to eat frogs often.  The older I get, the more I realize that much of what we say or commit ourselves to is shortly thereafter challenged. Sometimes I handle it well and sometimes I don’t. I'm definitely a work in progress.

3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?

Giraffe   Elephant   Gorilla

4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?

True granola bars, although tasty and satisfying, are so chewy that they tend to give me a TMJ flare-up, so I avoid them (unless I can SOAK them in hot tea to soften them).  However, I love Lara Bars and they don’t hurt my jaws.



5. If only__________________________________________. 

If only people would wake up and realize what is really going on in our world.

6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.

An eye-catching makeover as attractive and clever as what my daughter has done in her master bedroom:



7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?

I love my winter clothes: snuggy knee socks, warm shoes, sweaters and scarves. 



8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Sending our Secretary of State to France to give them "a big hug," accompanied by  James Taylor singing  "You've Got a Friend"... our nation looks foolish to the world. 

This  set of Hodgepodge Wednesday questions - Volume 205 -- came from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. To see how other bloggers have responded to these same questions, click here:

From This Side of the Pond

7 comments:

  1. I love what you daughter did in her bedroom, too. Awesome! Another good Hodgepodge!! I need to look for Lara Bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bedroom! It looks so soothing and restful. I agree with your take on the France debacle. Love James Taylor, but I couldn't even watch. Made my insides cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter-in-law is quite the talent...that bedroom is to-die-for! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lara bars! My favorite is apple pie :) I usually stock up on them when they go on sale 10 for $10.
    I love James Taylor songs but agree with your comment on France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with 5 and 8!! And your daughter's bedroom is gorgeous. I had to pin that photo and I have very few pins on my 'bedroom' board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cleaver idea your daughter had using the door as a headboard. I've seen that done, just not with the glass paneled type doors. So good looking!

    Yes, the world does need to hear that song!

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara and thank you for popping in to see me. Now I'm not familiar with a Lara Bar but I'm sure I'd like it. I watched American Idol the first couple of seasons but it just got ridicules! But..if I were to audition I'd pull a song from that same hymnal and sing How Great Thou Art! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete