Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Bicentennial aka Volume 200 of Hodgepodge

changing the door wreaths for the season

This week we are ushering out November and bringing in December. I was out of town for Thanksgiving and came home to see that Christmas decorations are bright and abundant in my neighborhood. I've been playing catch-up for the last few days to "keep up with the Joneses" and am far from done.  




But I'm taking a break for a few minutes to participate in Joyce's 200th Hodgepodge!! Since we do this meme weekly and seldom miss, that means Joyce has been supplying us with these fun questions for over 3 years! Read over the questions with me and decide how you would answer them.  To see what other bloggers have to say, click on Joyce's blog, From This Side of the Pond.


1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?

Getting ready for Christmas. Some of my shopping is done, wrapped and was hand-delivered over Thanksgiving. At the same time, some of my shopping has not even begun.

2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?

This phrase from Luke 2:14 means to me that God's desire for all mankind is that we be at peace with Him and with each other. Jesus Christ taught us how to relate to God and our fellowman.

3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?

Since I am gluten-intolerant, I eat a pretty restricted food regime. The goodies I have enjoyed in the past are no longer allowed but I may permit myself to indulge just a little in the family favorite of beef brisket on Christmas Eve. 

4. It's that most wonderful time of the year ... do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?

Christmas is not for me what it used to be now that it's become so very commercialized, spread out over several months, and because my children are all grown up. 

I really do love Thanksgiving because gratitude is commanded by our Lord and healthy for both mind and body.

5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?

"Regime" (see question #3 above) because I wasn't sure if I was using it properly.


6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?


quilt in my dining room in 2012 (previous house)

I have Christmas-themed quilts and table runners that I love to put out in December. They are like old friends as I read the labels on the back to remind myself of which year I made them and the memories from that time.

7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.

The Wednesday Hodgepodge is (to me) like a friendly poll taken each week to determine the "temperature" of a cross section of our bloggers, to learn what is important to people. I am continually intrigued by the responses made and often wish I had expressed myself as well as my blogging friends have.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Advent candles at the church where I worship every Sunday

Come thou long expected Jesus

Born to set Thy people free
From our fears and sins release us
Let us find our rest in Thee


7 comments:

  1. Another great Hodgepodge! I so enjoy reading everyone's responses. Wishing you a good day ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I've visited your blog before, but I'm stopping by from The Hodgepodge.
    I enjoyed reading your answers, and getting to know you a bit.
    The decorations in your dining area are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting today from the Hodgepodge. Beautiful quilt! Your tablecloth matches my kitchen curtains :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you decorated your light fixture above your table. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table decorations. I have a few runners as well as tablecloths for Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you decorated your chandelier! So pretty! I agree with your sentiments on the commercialization of Christmas, and I find I have to really be intentional about keeping the meaning of the season in the forefront. Thanks for playing along in the HP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed your Hodgepodge! And your quilt looks so festive. Great way to decorate.

    ReplyDelete