Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook November 2014


Usually when mid-week comes, I respond to Joyce's question-prompts from her blog, From This Side of the Pond.  However, she is very busy moving her daughter and getting ready for a wedding, so she is taking a break this week.

With that in mind, I am visiting The Simple Woman's Daybook, another meme with questions and a link-up. To see those who have linked up, click here.


Outside my window... 
It is dark. We changed our clocks to Standard Time this past Saturday night and are seeing the results with darkness before we sit down to supper.

I am thinking...  
I am listening to FOX news' election reports while trying to focus on replies to these questions, so I'm hoping my candidates are winning. At this point in time, it's looking real good...

I am thankful... 
that the TV political commercials have come to an end [finally] in my state because we are 14 minutes past closing time at the polls. 

I am wearing... 
blue jeans by Gloria Vanderbilt, a navy long-sleeved crew-neck T-shirt from Christopher and Banks, black knee socks from Kohl's, and black slip-on shoes from Walmart.

I am creating... 
a hand-quilted star wreath design with many scraps of green fabrics to be used as a candle mat during the Christmas holiday.



I am going... 
to stay home tomorrow to clean house, wash towels, and then attend a neighborhood meeting in the evening.

I am wondering... 
how my next 6 months will come together with regard to travel. My family is spread out across the country and we expect more grand babies to be born.

I am reading... 



"The eerily prophetic New York Times bestseller that predicted an attack on the U.S. and the war in Iraq ... but was written before any of it happened."

I am hoping... 
the candidates for whom I voted WIN!

I am learning... 
to listen more and speak less. It gives the impression of intelligence and I don't get into so much trouble!

Around the house... 
we have a new pink geranium potted and sitting on a table in the guest room where it gets a generous amount of direct sunlight through the plantation shutters. It is not in bloom right now, but the leaves are healthy and it's my goal to keep it healthy all through the winter months.


In the kitchen...  
the supper dishes are in the dishwasher and I have just now realized I forgot to turn it on before I sat down to write this blog post. For supper Beloved had beef meatballs in a bacon-Alfredo sauce over boiled rotini. I had tofu-baked "meatballs" in a Pecan Sauce (a vegan version of Alfredo sauce) over spiraled zucchini pasta. We both had a large green salad, too.

I am pondering... 
what to give Beloved for Christmas, but that's still many weeks away, so I've got time to give it more thought.

A favorite quote for today... 


One of my favorite things... 
A green smoothie for breakfast at least 5 mornings every week.

A few plans for this week: 
wrapping some Christmas gifts, menu planning, grocery shopping, meeting some family members who are passing through and taking them to a  restaurant that reflects our town's cowboy history.

A peek into one of my days from last week... 

from a late Saturday afternoon drive ...

the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, as seen from the town of Castle Rock;
note the "layered look" of the mountains


2 comments:

  1. Interesting post, and I feel so behind if you are wrapping Christmas gifts already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding wrapping Christmas gifts: we plan to see family over Thanksgiving and it will save on postage if we give them their gifts then -- hence the wrapping now. :o)

    ReplyDelete