Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

3 Gifts That Start with N

snapshot of my computer screen of Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare Collection for November

It's been quite a while since I last blogged from Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare CollectionAnn is a Christian homeschooling mother who farms with her husband in Canada and writes the most inspiring books and blog posts about the transforming power of gratitude. She has put together a list of three things for each day of the year about which we are challenged to be grateful.

To quote Mrs. Voskamp, 


" ... recent studies conclude that keeping a gratitude gift list is *guaranteed* to increase your happiness by 25%? Who in the world doesn’t want 25% more happy?"

Today we are to find three things that begin with the letter N. 

Grandchild Number 9

My first is my NINE grandchildren! I don't mention them very often because I am protecting their privacy, and I  get to see them only once or twice a year (in person). But they are each one a blessing from God, a continuation of our family line, and full of hope for the future. Currently we have 5 grandsons and 4 granddaughters. Another granddaughter is due to be born this winter and another baby is due sometime around Mother's Day.


our master bedroom
My second gift that starts with N is night. I am thankful for a good night's sleep. Usually that is what I enjoy.  But occasionally, when I go to bed with a problem on my mind, sleep is disturbed and I wake up. 

The joke around here is that if you're up in the wee hours of the morning, you are supposed to empty the dishwasher.  (smile) Sometimes that gets done and sometimes it does not!  

But when we are awakened like that, we do pray for our family members and anyone else who comes to mind. Perhaps the Lord has wakened us because one of them is in need.  Sometimes we realize the solution to our own problems in the quiet of solitary prayer.


Beloved stands on a hiking trail above our neighborhood

My third gift that starts with N is neighborhood. I am thankful for my neighborhood. It is a safe and beautiful place with good people living on all sides of us. Truly I can say with the Psalmist, 


The boundary lines 
have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
surely I have a delightful inheritance. 
Psalm 16:6 NIV


Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

1 comment: