Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hodgepodge Questions - Volume 195


Today Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond is asking questions related to fall. To see how other bloggers have responded to these same questions, click here: http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com


If you don't have  your own blog, I invite you to leave  your comments below this post with some of your answers to these questions.  I'd love to see what you have to say!

1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?


I'm always ready to drop what I'm doing to run and play with Beloved. This past Saturday we took a drive  to see the turning leaves along Colorado's Front Range. We took the mountain drive a few weeks ago; this trip was just among the foothills on either side of  the I-25 corridor. 



The muted shades of the Gambel Oaks on the hillsides are at their best right now, although my picture of them in the far distance  doesn't show them up very well. 

2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?

Trying to find the dishtowel.  My kitchen towels tend to blend in, color-wise, with my kitchen countertops and I am forever trying to find them when my hands are dripping wet.


3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'

It depends on the issue and the people involved. Like most people, I'm a work-in-progress.

4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?

Last week, twice! I  carry my cell phone in the left front pocket of my jeans. One day last week while I was on the treadmill I replied to a text message from my husband. When I finished texting him, I laid my phone on the shelf above the treadmill. An hour or so later I realized I didn't know where my phone was. By then Beloved was home, so I asked him to use his phone to call my cell.  The scary part was that we couldn't hear my phone ringing!  However, I then remembered I had left it in the basement by the treadmill.

Then a day or two later I removed my cell phone from my pocket while I was taking a nap under the bedspread in our room.  When I got up, I made the bed and then couldn't find my phone. I used the home land line on my night stand to call my cell phone.  I could hear it ringing, but couldn't see it.  It was underneath the covers!

5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?

Although I give, but it seems more often that I'm on the receiving end of good things. 

6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.

Red. Red cherries, red apples, cranberries, strawberries, nectarines, raspberries ...  the deepest colors of food are said to be the most nutrient-dense.

7. The Hunt for Red OctoberOctober SkyHalloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?

I absolutely do not watch movies having to do with Halloween. I enjoy both  The Hunt for Red October and October Sky, although I've seen the submarine more times than the rocket. I enjoy observing the characters in the stories.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Here's a 'just for fun' photo... 



Beloved and I take this hike above our neighborhood often because we love to be able to see far and wide. I just had a funny thought: Does this photo make me look fat?  Ha-ha!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing shadow photos!! What fun! That's a nice view you have on your hike! Another fun Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing the cellphone is the worst! But, I loved your story of it hidden on the cover. But daughter has not lost hers, but HAS dropped it into the toilet twice! Hubby dropped his in the bath once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I'd love to visit Colorado sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure can relate to losing the cell phone. I think I need to get a neon pink cover. I like the two-headed shadow shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we lose cell phones here too but thankfully we always seem to find them.

    What gorgeous colors there in Co. We have yet to see much color, still fairly warm. But, we're very ready for cooler temps all day long.

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing the cell phone is definitely a big problem. Losing the tv remote is another one.

    ReplyDelete