Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hodgepodge Questions - Volume 194

Today's Hodgepodge questions hit on a variety of subjects and it was fun to respond. To see the blog of Joyce, who comes up with these questions, as well as the replies of my sister (fellow?) bloggers, click on this link: From This Side of the Pond


1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?

I like morning best because it is so full of promise for many things. 


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, 
because his compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: 
great is thy faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:22-23

2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house? 


Thankfully, all of my appliances are not too old and are serving me well.



3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?


Hands down, a bad hair day! (smile) A headache can make me hard to live with, too. 

4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?

photo credits: Internet photos edited by Picmonkey
I have been to Canada numerous times and even had the experience being a card-carrying immigrant with my family when I was a teenager. We lived in Vancouver, British Columbia and I have never forgot its beauty. We lived on the 8th floor of an apartment building and could see the harbor with the ships coming and going and the mountains on the other side of that. 

5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?


I loved my mother's "Lollipop," which was a family name for spaghetti. Nobody knows why we called it that. 

6. Do you cry easily?


Yes. 

7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?


Most of our family lives several states away from us and we like to be home for that particular holiday, so we send $$. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

me with our ballots and Beloved dropping them into the mail slot

Our ballots arrived in Tuesday's mail. We filled them out after supper and then made a special trip over to the post office to mail them. 

We must vote!  Don't tell yourself that your one vote won't make a difference. It makes a huge difference and is a privilege that could easily be taken away. We must not take this right for granted that we have as Americans, and we must be aware of the example our habits today set for the next generation. 

9 comments:

  1. Lollipops? It would be interesting to know where the name came from : ) I admit it is sometimes depressing to vote, but how will things ever change if we don't? #1-If I had to choose a favorite verse in all the Bible it would be that one. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed God's mercies are new every morning. I know that's why I love mornings: clean slate from Him. What a splendid view you had in BC. Wow! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious about the Lollipop origin! Hope you let us know if you find out. And yes, everyone needs to VOTE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that scripture...one of my favorites for sure. Now I think ALL of us are going to wonder about that "lollipops" name, lol. And I do think just like you do on the voting...it MUST be done. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We vote by mail, too, and took ours to the post office last Saturday. There is no excuse for not voting these days. You don't have to stand in line anymore. Just do it! We need to clean House this year!! Pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just mailed my Dad's ballot in for him this past Monday. Hubby and I will go to the polls to vote and yes, we MUST vote!

    WIth the cost of shipping and postage you are smart to just send $$$. I do enjoy buying and wrapping gifts for ours since they are nearby.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a no reply commenter on my blog, so I'll answer your question here. I wrap my fabric around paper (cardstock weight) templates that I purchased from www.paperpieces.com. I'm going to leave the papers in so the wreaths will retain their shapes. I'm making two identical wreaths and piecing them together. One wreath will be the front, and the other will be the backing. I finished one full wreath last night (other than the bell and the loop) and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Hope that helps you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kathy, for your reply. I just now fixed that email feature on my profile. I went to the webiste you recommended. It is very helpful, as was your reply. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes that is certainly a different name for spaghetti! Yes we have to fill out our voting papers this weekend. All of our family is out of town so I send gift cards now. Use to send presents for years, what a job that was!!!!

    ReplyDelete