Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chocolate Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies



My friend Leah B. posted her version of these cookies on Face Book earlier this week. They are gluten-free, egg-free, and delicious! 

For those who are not well-acquainted with cooking gluten-free, here are pictures of some of the products I used in this recipe:
 
The almond milk and dark chocolate morsels can be found at Walmart; I had to go to a health foods store to buy the gluten-free oat flour.  Or you can make your own by processing gluten-free oats in your blender. 

If you want a dairy-free version of this cookie, substitute chopped nuts for the chocolate morsels.


Chocolate Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies

3 bananas, sliced
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups gluten-free oat flour
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup gluten-free dark chocolate morsels

Combine the bananas, applesauce, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a food processor.  Blend until smooth.

In a large bowl combine the oat flour, dried cranberries and chocolate morsels. Stir to mix up and then add the banana mixture. Mix with a spoon until well combined and all the flour is moistened.

Spoon about 1  1/2 Tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (or use an ungreased silicon sheet on the pan).   Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. This recipe makes about 30 cookies and they are good!

*this is a moist batter, so baking for the entire 20 minutes is necessary.


my cookies fresh out of the oven

2 comments:

  1. I am blessed to not have to worry about wheat, though I should be cutting down on carbs. I have almond flour in my cupboard, but have not seen oat flour. Bet it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to look for this gluten free oat flour, too, Barbara--I would like to make these cookie for my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete