Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September 12 Edition

The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today
September 12th, 2014
(with thanks to Peggy, our kind hostess for
The Simple Woman's Daybook)

Outside my window... it is just after 10pm here, which means it's dark outside. We heard on the news tonight that the most northern parts of Colorado might be able to see the Northern Lights tonight, but we are too far south for that. It's very cloudy anyway.

I am thinking... I am glad the weekend has begun. It's been a stressful week for both Beloved and me. Things tend to be easier Friday night - Sunday.

I am thankful... for the warm socks and shoes and hoodie sweatshirts I bought this week because we got a light dusting of SNOW last night and today has been cold!



I am wearing... (since it's nearly bedtime) my jammies and slippers.

I am creating... created quilted squares for our recliners. Neither of them came with  protective covers for the arms and head rest, so I made these out of the same pattern with differing fabrics. Mine is the chair on the left, and Beloved's is the one on the right. I love to decorate with quilty things.



I am going... no where in particular tomorrow. 

I am wondering... the gender of the 3 babies expected to be born in our family in the next several months. 

I am reading... Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. It is a good read, but her writing style is very, shall I say 'freestyle' so she loses me at times and I have to go back and re-read.

I am hoping... there will be a good turnout of ladies at the new Bible study that begins this next week at church.

I am learning...  more and more to entrust my concerns to the Lord. He did not create any of us to worry. Our bodies are not designed for that.

Around the house...  I have some sewing projects planned, mostly table runners and wall hangings that I have not yet made since we moved into this new house last year.

In the kitchen... this is a dessert we had tonight.



I am pondering...  "the whichness of what," which is a term Beloved made up when we aren't ready to share what's really on our minds!

A favorite quote for today... "lean not on thine own understanding", from Proverbs 3:5  So many times I get myself all in a twist about something when later I find out that I didn't know all the facts.

One of my favorite things... is the quiet time I get to spend at my desk most weekday mornings for an hour or so, reading my mail, updating my Daytimer, things like that.

A few plans for this week: church this Sunday, Ladies Bible study, helping our kids with their move and putting in kitchen shelf paper for my daughter-in-law.

A peek into my days...  I've been putting out some of my autumn decorations. 

mantel quilt


4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Snow?! We are suppose to hit 104 tomorrow! I know there are soo many places in the country that have seen the weather change towards Fall, but here in California we have many weeks of warm, WARM weather yet to go. How I would love for it to cool off. Maybe not to snow, but definitely cool off, lol. LOVE what you made for the chairs. I can't seem to even come close to keeping on top of all the things I want to do around here. Believe it or not hubby and I watched Draft Day last night too! How funny huh? All I could think of was how I could never bear such stress. They would almost have to live on it though to enjoy that job. Hope you have a GOOD week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow - yikes!!!

    Love your quilted pieces! They look great on the chairs.

    We enjoyed "Draft Day" too! The desserts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am torn on Ann Voskamp too...i love the idea of 1000 Gifts but hesitate to buy the book.
    Enjoying your blog. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have snow in your town! We're are still in the 100's here in my town :/ Still, your pictures lifted my hopes for the winter :) Your quilts are lovely!

    Hopping over from The Simple Woman's Day Book!
    Sparrow's Day Book

    ReplyDelete