Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Food for the Soul

An unusually bright display of fresh produce;
photo taken by blog author at a market in Orlando, Florida
May 2014


I have esteemed the words
[from the LORD]
more than my necessary food.

Job 23:12


It is an intriguing thought to me that as important as physical food is for our bodies, spiritual food is more important to our well-being. 

We won't have these "earth suits" forever. They will eventually die and be buried (or cremated). But our spirit lives on eternally. 

We need to be feeding our spirit with God's Words daily and meditating (thinking upon) what He has said to us continually. We should be looking for ways to appropriately apply God's instructions to us so that we can learn how to be more like Christ Jesus and how to be an encouragement to those within our sphere of influence (which is a lot more people than we might think!). 

I'm chewing on that thought.

2 comments:

  1. So true!

    Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

    ReplyDelete