Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Yes, yes, I know. Over the last couple of days, every time you visit my blog, the header and color scheme are different.  There is no way for me to play around with those things behind the scenes, so some of you have seen the changes-in-progress. I think I've got it the way I want it now, which is just an updating of what I already had. 

 

Responding to the prompts provided by Joyce with her fun weekly meme, Wednesday Hodgepodge at  her blog, From This Side of the Pond... It looks like she has come up with questions from the word "key." How clever is that?  Thanks for the fun, Joyce! 

1. What would you say is the key to success?
Stop to clearly think about what you are about to do. Don't be impulsive about anything -- that is probably my biggest downfall, being impulsive with both words and actions.  And of course, PRAY about everything.


2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A?

No, I've never been there and from what I've heard, no, I don't care to go. It sounds like a beautiful place, and they try to make it family friendly during the daylight hours but the nightlife is far from my comfort zone.


3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey?

When we moved to this house last year, there were eleven horses and one donkey or mule (not sure which!) living in a nearby field. (That same field is now under construction for new homes.) I don't know when I last saw a monkey; but there are about 5 wild turkeys who often demand the right-of-way on a major street in my town.


4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life.

Shopping at a mall and young people going away to college for the first time are 2 "doors" that come to mind. Both offer all kinds of opportunities to over-indulge if people don't rein in their desires.

5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key?

(smile) If I had an answer to this, do you think I'd publicize it on the Internet??


6. When did you last get keyed up about something?

Just this past Sunday evening. I won't share the issue, but Beloved and I took an after-dinner walk and at one point he stopped us under the shade of a tree where he shared a scriptural application to the problem bothering me. His words blessed my heart and my eyes were opened to the dynamics of what is really going on and how I should respond to it.


7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now? Key lime pie ... yes please, or no thank you?

Yes, please! (but make it gluten-free)


8. We are encouraged to insert our own random thought here. I'm not feeling very original this evening as I compose this post, so here is something from Face Book that I really like:



2 comments:

  1. I know I appreciate and take note of small kindnesses given in the course of my day. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete